Here's what I see:
- Two intelligent women. - I have criticized Mrs. Clinton - but I never said she wasn't a smarty pants. After listening to Mrs. Palin, I would have to say she is a smarty pants too.
- Two different sets of political convictions. Showing that intelligent people can disagree.
- One woman who has sacrificed - at least somewhat - her own political career for the good of her family - whether she meant to or not.
- One woman who has sacrificed - at least somewhat - her family for the good of her political career - whether she meant to or not.
- A rather good illustration for a girl of the difficulties involved, hard choices to be made and potential outcomes - if you're lucky - of deciding whether you would like to emphasize home and family or career or a mix thereof in your life. (And I say lucky because there are no guarantees - right?)
- Two women who care about people and the future of this country. - Argue all you want - but I can sure think of better things to do than run for political office if it were just selfish concerns that motivated those gals.
- Two good role models - whatever my daughter decides to do with her life - there are lessons to be learned from both Mrs. Palin and Mrs. Clinton.
PS: Hillary Clinton is meant in #3 and Sarah Palin in #4 - in case you were wondering.