Wow! Are we up a creek. We missed our connecting flight because of weather in Denver and if we get to talk to a United Airline Rep today, I will be surprised. They are doing almost nothing to help the stranded passengers. ALL counters have been closed with the exception of ONE counter.
Above you see a portion of the line people are waiting in. I have been flying around the United States for over 20 years and never have I seen something like this before. I have been stranded, but not abandoned.
We have been absolutely abandoned here. First, I called Expedia - since I booked a package trip with them. Of course, they want nothing to do with me now that they have my money. My daughter will miss all of the sessions at Columbia tomorrow - the sole reason for our trip.
Oh, Expedia were very clear about the fact that there are no refunds, - so I will pay for the hotel in Manhatten for 4 nights whether we make it or not. As well as the shuttle service to and from the airport. As well as the entire trip.
This is the first and the last time I will ever use Expedia. NEVER EVER AGAIN!
Some Travel Coupons:
Here are some travel deals I found while trying to get out of Denver!
- CheapOair coupon code: Save up to 65% on airfare plus $10 on flight tickets for Summer. Air fare sale. Click TO Redeem
+ use coupon code SUMMER10! Expires 12/31/2009
- CheapOair coupon code: Save up to 65% on airfare plus $10 on flight tickets for Spring. Air fare sale. Click TO Redeem + use coupon code SPRING10 - this one expires at the end of the month =>> 4/30.
- Southwest Airlines coupon code: Book a flight + hotel package of 3 nts or more to any MGM MIRAGE property and SAVE up to $100! Use Promo Code MGMAPRIL! Book 4/17-4/30.
- Southwest Airlines coupon code: Book flight + hotel and get 2 more nts FREE at the Disneyland® Resort! Plus, use Promo Code: DLRSUMMER and save $100. Book 4/17–5/7.
- Southwest Airlines coupon code: Save up to $150 when you book a flight + hotel of 2 nts or more to any Florida beach hotel. Use promo code: BEACHES150. Book 4/3–4/30.