Allow me to update the parent's manual with our new code of ethics:
- You can break the law just as long as you don't get caught.
- If you do get caught, deny knowledge of any wrongdoing.
- Truth, Right and wrong are relative.
- Don't worry about telling a lie, just claim to whoever catches you that they misunderstood you.
- Cheating is fine if you can get away with it, just don't get caught; Everybody cheats, you have to just to keep up.
- The law applies only to those that people don't like.
- You can do anything you want if you have enough friends who think that what you are doing is OK.
- When life isn't going your way, complain a lot, but do not reflect upon your own actions and whether you can make changes in your own behavior to improve your situation. Just keep complaining and doing what you have been doing all along, and society will change to accommodate you, or magic will happen and your fairy god-mother will come make things better.
- Never take a stand for what is right, always compromise your values because they are probably stupid and unrealistic anyway.
- When the situation has become so dire, and you truly feel you have suffered enough, wonder how stupid you have been following 1 - 9 and thinking that eventually something will change for the better. Run and find Grandma or Grandpa and ask either about the code of ethics they grew up with and follow that.
For all of you Republicans out there holding your nose while you vote for Meg Whitman because you are more afraid of Jerry Brown, you are just taking one more drink, before you stop drinking for good. After this, you are not going to drink anymore. You can control yourself, it'll be easy. So when you wake up with a terrible hang-over four years from now, you will be ready to start rehab once again. Again you will be able to choose one more drink, and this will continue until finally you have no more choice in the matter, and you will look around and discover you also have nothing left.
The sooner you take a stand, the sooner the recovery can start. But first you have say NO to one more drink.
Give your vote to Chelene Nightingale instead - it'll work wonders.