Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. The Dream Act S.3992
From The Dream Act:
Who is eligible:
- if the alien demonstrates by a preponderance of the evidence that-- the alien was younger than 30 years of age on the date of the enactment of this Act.
- has not been convicted of-- (I) any offense under Federal or State law punishable by a maximum term of imprisonment of more than 1 year
- has earned a high school diploma or obtained a general education development certificate in the United States
- "You are eligible to take the GED test if you are a resident of California and meet any one of the following criteria: The individual is 18 years of age or older, or within 60 days of his or her 18th birthday (regardless of school enrollment status)."
- What ID is Necessary to Take the GED Test? - Identification cards issued by U.S. or foreign governments. (Such as the matricula consular - The matricula is not a secure identity document. Mexico is not authenticating the documents used to obtain the matricula against computerized data)
My Take: The real requirement is that a person appears to be under 30 because nobody has to actually attend school, all they have to do is "obtain" a GED - interesting word choice, since with an easily obtainable matricula consular - you can "obtain" somebody to take the GED for you or shave a few years off your age.
A few points worth mentioning: you can read the bill to put them in context, I am tired and want to go to sleep:
- WAIVER- Notwithstanding paragraph (1), the Secretary of Homeland Security may waive the ground of ineligibility under paragraph (1), (4), or (6) of section 212(a) of the Immigration and Nationality Act and the ground of deportability under paragraph (1) of section 237(a) of that Act for humanitarian purposes or family unity or when it is otherwise in the public interest.
- Exemption From Numerical Limitations- Nothing in this section may be construed to apply a numerical limitation to the number of aliens who may be eligible for cancellation of removal under subsection (a). (No limit to the number they want to amnesty)
- The Secretary of Homeland Security may not remove any alien who-- (1) has a pending application for conditional nonimmigrant status under this Act.
- Length of Status- Conditional nonimmigrant status granted under section 4 shall be valid for a period of 10 years, subject to termination under subsection (c) of this section. (b) Terms of Conditional Nonimmigrant Status- (1) EMPLOYMENT- A conditional nonimmigrant shall be authorized to be employed in the United States incident to conditional nonimmigrant status. Immediate 10 year work permit for anybody who applies. - The more educated, the better - what? not just farm workers? Nope! This can be used just as easily by illegal Chinese and Indian under 30 appearing, highly skilled, willing to accept far less than you are silicon valley techies.