In a quick survey of the rumored 750 new laws (I have not actually counted them), I determined that it might be interesting to categorize the new laws to see how many fall into these categories:
- Compensation for Government Employees:
- AB 1651, Chapter 574/2010: Public Employees' Retirement Law: Furloughs: Retirement Credit - This bill provides that an employee of a county office of education (COE), a school district, or a school district that is a contracting agency will receive the same retirement service credit the employee would have received absent any furlough.
- AB 1658 Ch. 118: County employees' retirement: service credit: safety members. - Retroactive service credit for safety members for purposes of pension calculation.
- AB 1667 Ch. 81: AB 1667, Swanson. Public employment: County of Alameda. - Not sure what this means.
- AB 1668 Ch. 38: Local government: city councils. - Compensation related: ...Notwithstanding Section 31479 an elective or appointive county official may receive credit for service rendered as a city council member even though that service was not compensated. ...SEC. 12. Section 36516.1 of the Government Code is amended to read: 36516.1. A mayor elected pursuant to Sections 34900 to 34904, inclusive, of the Government Code may be provided with compensation in addition to that which he or she receives as a council member. That additional compensation may be provided by an ordinance adopted by the city council or by a majority vote of the electors voting on the proposition at a municipal election...
- Additional Protections for Government Employees: (AB 1532 Ch. 117)
This will take some time, though.